From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Have I to install wifi now?
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 11:37:17
1 On Sat, 30 May 2020 23:34:30 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > > Here you go. I make no claims as to its suitability, or even
4 > > uptodatedness
5 >
6 > ---8>
7 >
8 > Many thanks. After writing that I had another go using a different
9 > approach, and it just fell into place. Combining your set and mine
10 > ought to give me a working system.
11 >
12 > With such a complex, reticulated (I think that's the word) system as
13 > plasma, it's easier to subtract from a whole set than to build up from
14 > nothing.
15
16 That's pretty much what I did, removed the meta pacjkages from @world,
17 ran a depclean -p, added what I needed to the set, rinse and repeat. Then
18 let rip with a real depclean.
19
20 Despite Michael's comment, I have found this requires minimal
21 intervention between releases.
25 Neil Bothwick
26
27 It is impossible to fully enjoy procrastination
28 unless one has plenty of work to do.