From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 32bit or 64bit
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 06:26:25
1 On Tue, July 17, 2012 5:36 am, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
2
3 <SNIPPED>
4
5 > Virtualisation ? I am running qemu (windows, gentoo), vbox (windows,
6 > gentoo, fedora) and gxemul (ultrix) all 32 bit guests on 32 bit systems
7 > on either 32 or 64 bit hardware running gentoo - can you confirm you
8 > need 64bit for 64bit guests as I will be moving that way eventually?
9 >
10 > That being said, I think for future proofing 64bit is the way to go, I
11 > can see a time when 32bit is going to get deprecated.
12
13 In my experience:
14 32bit host : Only 32 bit guest
15 64bit host : 32 bit and 64 bit guest
16
17 I have not been able to run a 64 bit guest on a 32 bit host.
20 Joost