From: "Szénási István" <szeist@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How can I move system to new disk?
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 09:57:30
1 > It should be mentioned that if you use this method then, after running
2 > parted to resize the partition(s), you will also need to resize the
3 > filesystem(s) on the partition(s).
4
5 If I remember correctly, you're right and the resize of he filesystem required.
6 Of course if you shrink the partition, first you need to resize the
7 file system before the
8 resizing of the partition and if you grow the partition, first you
9 need to resize the partition
10 before the resizing the file system. (Maybe, you should turn off the
11 journalling when you
12 modify an ext3 file system, but i am not sure in it)
13
14 > This is well documented - google "resize ext3" or whatever. Not sure if this
15 > is necessary using GParted - probably not.
16 I strongly recommend the gparted, I have resized and moved partitions
17 (ext2, ext3 and ntfs) with it,
18 and i never had problem with it. It hase a nice GUI and it does every
19 necessary steps automatically. :-)
22 Szénási István