From: Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] VT switch kills X on return.
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 08:19:45
1 My primary suspect is my pam / systemd setup.
2
3 If I am on X, and I ctrl+alt+f1, I switch to a terminal. ps aux shows
4 that all my programs are still running. However, if I alt+f7 back, the
5 X server immediately dies and I get sent back to my login prompt.
6
7 Clearly I'm missing something important. Any clues what it is?
8
9 I'm on USE=systemd, and my /etc/pam.d/system-auth has a session line
10 with optional pam_systemd.
11
12 My logind.conf is as follows:
13 === snip
14 [Login]
15 #NAutoVTs=6
16 #ReserveVT=6
17 KillUserProcesses=no
18 #KillOnlyUsers=
19 #KillExcludeUsers=root
20 #Controllers=
21 #ResetControllers=cpu
22 #InhibitDelayMaxSec=5
23 #HandlePowerKey=poweroff
24 #HandleSuspendKey=suspend
25 #HandleHibernateKey=hibernate
26 #HandleLidSwitch=suspend
27 #PowerKeyIgnoreInhibited=no
28 #SuspendKeyIgnoreInhibited=no
29 #HibernateKeyIgnoreInhibited=no
30 #LidSwitchIgnoreInhibited=yes
31 #IdleAction=ignore
32 #IdleActionSec=30min
33 ===/snip
34 --
35 This email is: [ ] actionable [ ] fyi [ ] social
36 Response needed: [ ] yes [ ] up to you [ ] no
37 Time-sensitive: [ ] immediate [ ] soon [ ] none