From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Looking for IMAP->IMAP spam filtering
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 01:31:01
1 On Feb 21, 2012 6:44 AM, "Grant Edwards" <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > I'm looking to set up something that reads messages from one IMAP
4 > server/mailbox, filters out the spam, and then writes the filtered
5 > messages into another IMAP server/mailbox. The source and destination
6 > servers may or may not be the same, and neither is the machine where
7 > the filter is running. I'd like the solution to use the IMAP IDLE
8 > command to avoid the latency and load of constantly setting up SSL
9 > connections and polling the source server.
10 >
11 > It looks like fetchmail -> procmail+spamassassin -> dovecot/deliver
12 > ought to do what I want.
13 >
14 > Is there something simpler and easier that I've overlooked?
17 Okay, I may have misunderstood your needs the first time around (blame it
18 to not having my first cuppa tea of the day).
19
20 So, you want to do these steps:
21 - Pull email from an IMAP account in box A
22 - Filter it in box B
23 - Push it to box C
24
25 So, the third step is not an LDA.
26
27 There are some alternatives, none of them are simple, though. The 'easiest'
28 I think would be:
29
30 - have fetchmail (on box B) pull email from box A, and deliver to local
31 maildir (on B) via procmail+SA
32
33 - have Dovecot watch the local maildir
34
35 - have *another* fetchmail instance pull email from the local Dovecot and
36 push it to an SMTP MTA on box C
37
38 You can have multiple fetchmail daemons running at the same time by
39 copying/symlinking the fetchmail initscript and creating a correspondent
40 conf file. I've submitted a patch (that has been accepted into the tree)
41 that allows multiple fetchmail daemons.
42
43 Rgds,