From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] knotes: cannot move around notes
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 17:37:49
1 Hi,
2 I'm looking for a good sticky notes solution.
3
4 I use xfce4 as a desktop, but I run both gnome and kde apps when needed.
5 With a preference for KDE apps.
6
7 The xfce notes applet is buggy, crashy and very limited.
8 Tomboy is a nice application. Except it doesn't do what I'm looking for
9 (I really don't understand why tomboy always comes out when talking of
10 sticky notes application - it is not a sticky note application! it is
11 more a notetaking environment for ideas etc.)
12
13 So I tried to use knotes, and it seems very good, apart for the fact
14 that notes are somehow too sticky. I can click on them, edit them, but I
15 cannot move them.
16
17 I guess they need to run inside kde/kwin, but is there any workaround?
18
19 I also looked for other apps, but I found none.
20
21 Thanks,
22
23 m.