From: Jason Weisberger <jbdubbs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Creating a LiveCD
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 16:16:00
1 List,
2
3 Been following http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_build_a_LiveCD_from_scratch for
4 the past couple days trying to assemble my own custom livecd. Have one
5 problem I cannot get past.
6
7 Kernel outputs:
8 No filesystem could mount root: tried ext3 ext2 jfs xfs squashfs vfat
9 iso9660 udf
10 Kernel Panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
11 unknown-block(1,0)
12
13 My /boot/grub/menu.lst is as follows:
14
15 default 0
16 timeout 30
17
18 title=LiveCD
19 root (cd)
20 kernel (cd)/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.17-ck1-r3 root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc
21 looptype=squashfs loop=/livecd.squashfs udev nodevfs cdroot dodmraid
22 real_root=/dev/loop/0
23
24 My kernel configuration on the LiveCD includes a genkernel all with manual
25 patches for SquashFS 3.1 and Reiser4. I did my own make menuconfig after
26 the genkernel config, so it didn't miss compiling them in. SquashFS tools
27 version is 3.1, kernel squashfs is 3.1.
28
29 Pllllleeeeeasssseeeee give me a hint or two :)
30
31 Thanks!
35 Jason Weisberger
36 jbdubbs@×××××.com