From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage: Show list of required files without downloading anything?
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 20:16:01
1 On Sunday 08 October 2006 21:35, Statux wrote:
2 [SNIP]
3 > Question: Is there a way that I can get Portage to run through the
4 > packages/ebuilds and, instead of downloading anything from the net, just
5 > have it show me which files were not in /usr/portage/distfiles which
6 > will be needed?
7 >
8 > So if I had 8 packages which needed upgrading, which would result in (an
9 > estimated) 6,382K of downloads, is there some way for me to have it go
10 > through each one of those all at once, similar to --fetchonly, and have
11 > it spit out a list of everything which it did not find on the local
12 > system?
13 >
14 > It seems to be simple enough and a useful feature on some level but I
15 > haven't found the answer.
16
17 Something like:
18
19 # export DISTDIR=$(emerge --info | sed -n 's/^DISTDIR="\(.*\)"$/\1/p')
20 # emerge --fetchonly --pretend --quiet -u world | \
21 grep -v "^$" | \
22 while read SRC_URI; do \
23 filename=`basename "${SRC_URI}"`; \
24 [ ! -f "${DISTDIR}/${filename}" ] && \
25 echo "${SRC_URI}"; \
26 done
27
28 > Thoughts?
29
30 You might also consider creating a binhost on your network and bringing binary
31 packages instead of sources to her computer...
34 Bo Andresen