From: dhk <dhkuhl@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sound with xfce4 and Firefox
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 10:18:58
1 Daniel Wagener wrote:
2 > On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 07:29:09 -0500
3 > dhk <dhkuhl@×××××××××.net> wrote:
4 >
5 >> I don't use sound very often, but recently I noticed when I play news
6 >> videos in Firefox there isn't any sound coming through the headphones.
7 >> It's an Intel 32bit box with xfce4. I don't have speakers hooked up
8 >> just headphones and it use to work a few months ago. I suspect it
9 >> stopped working after an upgrade. Is this something to do with xfce4,
10 >> Firefox, or something else?
11 >>
12 >> Thanks,
13 >>
14 >> dhk
15 >
16 > Already checked mixer/volume settings?
20 I don't see a mixer/volume in the menu, but I do have
21 xfce-extra/xfce4-volumed and gnome-base/gnome-volume-manager installed.
22 Is there suppose to be a mixer? I would think so, but I thought xfce4
23 may work differently. Is there a mixer/volume I need to emerge? Maybe
24 it got uninstalled.
25
26 Thanks,
27 dhk