From: bn <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Whats better for crossplatform applications?
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 10:56:11
1 Alexander Pilipovsky ha scritto:
2 > May be, it's not a "only Gentoo" question, but I want to write and start
3 > applications under Gentoo and Windows. I saw Tcl/Tk library in work (as
4 > example OOMMF: http://math.nist.gov/oommf/, but it, sometimes, unstable
5 > under Windows XP). And it did not like me to look of buttons, lists etc.
6 > Other way I saw in using wxPython (http://www.wxpython.org/) or
7 > wxWidgets (http://www.wxwidgets.org/). I want to have as little as
8 > possible differences in GUI of my program when it starts under GNOME,
9 > KDE or Windows. May be some other libraries for crossplatform
10 > development are exists.
11 >
12 > What library better for unification of application look and developing?
13 >
14 > P. S. Excuse my English, please :)
17 wxWidgets or its good python wrapper wxPython is good if you want native
18 look on every platform. Which is different from the look being exactly
19 the same on every platform, but it's what you really want, most probably.
20
21 m.