From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Midori and Flash
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 17:59:57
1 On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 8:32 PM, Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Now I'd also like to use Midori, as a lightweight browser for using
3 > Google+. The reason is that when I open Google+ in Firefox, I am
4 > also logged in at Google when I using other tabs with Youtube or other
5 > Google sites. If there's a way around this, I'd be happy to know about
6 > it. But so I just thought, why not use Midori for Google+ only. But it
7 > doesn't do Flash.
8
9 In Firefox you can create multiple profiles. Each profile will have
10 its own set of cookies, bookmarks, history, saved passwords, etc. To
11 open 2 firefox windows with 2 different profiles at once, launch it
12 with:
13
14 firefox -P -no-remote
15
16 There are firefox add-ons such as cookieswap to maintain separate sets
17 of cookies and sessions that you can toggle, instead of needing to
18 logout and login you just swap cookies then open youtube or
19 whatever...
20
21 As mentioned already if you're using Google services, they support
22 multiple sign-in on most of their sites now (recently added to
23 Youtube), so you can easily switch between accounts.
24
25 There is another Firefox addon called Yoono that claims to give you
26 per-tab session profiles but I have not personally tried it. I don't
27 like the way their website looks and the whole thing seems kind of
28 Windoze-spammy-looking to me, but maybe I'm just overly paranoid.
29 Maybe I'll try it in a VM with wireshark and see what it does. ;)
30
31 On Symbian/Maemo/MeeGo phones there is a Qt/WebKit-based web browser
32 called MobWebMail which is specifically designed for Gmail. It has
33 multiple cookie sessions support built in, very handy to switch
34 between accounts and never need to logout or login in the process.