From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] firefox profile uses 100% CPU
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 06:13:23
1 thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
5 > Thelma
6 >
7 > On 11/12/2015 08:22 PM, wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
8 > > thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
9 > >
10 > > [...]
11 > >> Though, I can not import the bookmarks, I'm on Firefox-bin-38.3.0
12 > >> There is no entry: Bookmarks ==> Manage Bookmarks
13 > >> I have: Bookmarks ==> Show All Bookmarks
14 > >> where I can restore and backup bookmars. I've tried to restore
15 > >> bookmarks from file: bookmarks-2015-11-12.json
16 > >> but I'm getting an error message: "Unable to process the backup
17 > >> file."
18 > >
19 > > Try to save the bookmarks as HTML file (E
20 > >
21 > > Bookmarks -> Show All Bookmarks
22 > > Import and Backup -> Export Bookmarks to HTML...
25 > I tried that, it didn't work either.
26 >
27 > Thelma
28
29 Last but not least you can extract the bookmarks from the .json file.
30
31 If you wanna do that, I can provide a macro file for nedit, an old but
32 great text editor. With this macro it will be easy to extract the URLs
33 from the bookmarks file. Of course you have to insert every extracted
34 URL into firefox and bookmark it. But I think this is better than to
35 loose the bookmarks.
36
37 I'm sure that this also can be done by a shell script but my knowledge
38 of bash programming isn't good enough to write such a script.
39
40 If you wanna do this, install app-editors/nedit and give me a hint. Then
41 I'll post the macro and give you instructions how to load and execute the
42 macro with nedit.
45 Regards
46 wabe