From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can not mount USB stick as user
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 17:46:54
1 On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 10:32 AM, Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Which program is responsible for mounting USB stick on XFCE4?
3 >
4 > After enable "systemd" flag in make.conf USE=
5 > the following packages were rebuild:
6 > sys-apps/busybox
7 > sys-apps/dbus
8 > sys-auth/pambase
9 > sys-auth/polkit
10 > sys-fs/udisks
11 > sys-power/upower
12 > gnome-base/gvfs
13 >
14 > But now I have a BIG problem, I can not mount USB stick at all as user (only
15 > as root).
16 > Eject doesn't work either.
17
18 I don't know the answer to your question, since I don't use Xfce, but
19 inside xfce-base/*, but I only see thunar depending on udisks, and
20 then only with the udev USE flag activated (which is automatic when
21 using any of the desktop profiles, I believe). Without looking at the
22 code of Xfce, I can only guess that Thunar handles the mounting of
23 external devices.
24
25 Let me ask you a few questions:
26
27 1. Before switching to systemd, how did you mounted the stick; it was
28 automatic (it just appeared in Thunar), or you had to do something?
29
30 2. When you say that you can mount it only as root, you mean inside a
31 Xfce session as root?
32
33 3. The following line is in /etc/pam.d/system-auth?
34
35 -session optional pam_systemd.so
36
37 4. Using systemd is more than just emerging it; you need to change
38 your init= line in grub-legacy or GRUB2 and reboot. The contents of
39 /proc/1/comm is "systemd"?
40
41 5. If the contents of /proc/1/comm is "systemd", could you please show
42 us the output from the following commands when inside your Xfce
43 session (as your normal user):
44
45 • systemctl --all --full
46 • loginctl (annotate your-session [first column] and your-seat [last column])
47 • loginctl seat-status your-seat
48 • loginctl session-status your-session
49 • loginctl user-status your-user
50
51 Regards.
52 --