From: "Stéphane Guedon" <stephane@××××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge 32bits on 64bits platform
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 19:47:56
1 Le Monday 16 August 2010 21:39:13, Johannes Kimmel a écrit :
2 > On 08/16/2010 08:13 PM, Stéphane Guedon wrote:
3 > > I have read several things about this, but never really solved !
4 > >
5 > > Can I emerge a 32bits software on 64bits platform with a multilib profile
6 > > ?
7 > >
8 > > All my web browsers (konqueror, opera, chromium, firefox) are 64bits,
9 > > whereas flash player exist currently in 32bits. So, I need to have
10 > > 32bits browser ! Can I emerge ?
11 > >
12 > > Thanks !
13 >
14 > Not exactly. You can use www-plugins/nspluginwrapper to use 32bit
15 > plugins in a 64bit browser.
16 > But yes, you can emerge www-client/firefox-bin. This is a precompiled
17 > 32bit firefox, that runs the flashplugin without nspluginwrapper.
18 >
19 > That should at least answer one question :)
20 >
21 > Greetings
22 >
23 > Johannes Kimmel
24
25 nspluginwrapper currently doesn't allow flash player to work, don't know why...
28 Stéphane Guedon
29 page web : http://www.22decembre.eu/
30 carte de visite : http://www.22decembre.eu/downloads/Stephane-Guedon.vcf
31 clé publique gpg : http://www.22decembre.eu/downloads/Stephane-Guedon.asc