From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: aliases
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 06:39:12
1 Thanasis wrote:
2 > on 03/27/2009 07:32 AM Dale wrote the following:
3 >
4 >> Thanasis wrote:
7 >>> You can also use the unalias command, eg:
8 >>> $ alias ls='ls -la'
9 >>> $ unalias ls
10 >>> (then it stays unaliased for the session until you alias it again,
11 >>> source .bashrc, etc...).
12 >>>
13 >>>
14 >> It doesn't like that command here. It may be that I have the alias set
15 >> up in my profile instead of using the command alias. Does that matter?
19 > I don't think it matters.
20 > What does it say?
24 Well, I tried it again so I could paste the output here and it worked.
25 I dunno. At least it works now. I guess you could do a source
26 /etc/profile to make it work again too. May have to test that next.
27 I'm sort of working on my car right now. It not crank anymore. :-(
28
29 Thanks for the info. Very neat.
30
31 Dale