From: Pongracz Istvan <gentoo.macs@××××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nvidia and X
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 12:29:31
1 You have to check your /usr/src/linux point to the current used kernel.
2 You have to emerge nvidia-kernel ebuild to.
3 This will provide you the missing nvidia kernel module.
4 You have to write it to the /etc/modules.autoload/2.6blah-blah-blah to
5 load it every system start.
6
7 István
8
9 Stefan Istvan wrote:
10 > Hello List!
11 >
12 > I have a videocard of this type:
13 > 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV5M64 [RIVA TNT2
14 > Model 64/Model 64 Pro] (rev 15)
15 >
16 > I installed nvidia-glx as it is described in the Gentoo Linux nVidia
17 > Guide ( http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/nvidia-guide.xml )
18 > When I start X, I get the following error:
19 > Failed to initialize the NVIDIA kernel module!
20 >
21 > If I change the Diver section in the X config file from nvidia to nv, X
22 > starts up, but without 3D support.
23 >
24 > Thank you for your help in advance,
25 > Istvan
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list