From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [~amd64] Anyone survive the big gnome update from this morning (July 25)?
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 13:20:42
1 Am 26.07.2013 03:10, schrieb walt:
2 > I'm very happy that I did the gnome update on a virtual gentoo
3 > machine instead of my real machine :) The virtual gentoo is
4 > unusable at the moment because gnome is very sick indeed.
5 >
6 > I avoided the big update on my real machine when I saw that
7 > gnome-shell (I think it was) demanded the installation of
8 > systemd on my openrc-only system.
9 >
10 > Now, I've been running systemd on the virtual gentoo machine
11 > for months with no problems, so I wasn't worried about the
12 > big update on that machine.
13 >
14 > AFAICT the systemd update has nothing to do with gnome's sickness,
15 > systemd-206 seems to be working just fine on the virtual machine.
16 >
17 > The gnome desktop, however, is completely black except for one
18 > functioning gnome main-menu applet, which lets me open an xterm
19 > for potential debugging efforts.
20 >
21 > Running nautilus from the xterm prompt produces this error:
22 >
23 > GLib-GIO_ERROR: Settings schema 'org.gnome.desktop.background'
24 > does not contain a key named 'draw-background'
25 > Trace/breakpoint trap
26 >
27 > Has anyone else tried the same update yet?
28
29 I didn't notice anything today ... which might be related to the fact
30 that I unmasked gnome-3.8 months(?) ago.
31
32 So gnome-shell-3.8.3-r2 got keywords changed ... right?
33
34 I am sure you already did the usual revdep-rebuild-stuff etc?
35
36 Stefan