From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to get data::util on gentoo
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 12:30:12
1 William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au> wrote:
2
3 > On Sat, 2012-12-15 at 04:18 -0500, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
4 > > Hi. I was trying to install the JIRA-client from cpan, but it wants
5 > > Data::Util and I can't find it in gentoo anywhere. I tried to install
6 > > that from cpan, but it, in turn wants a number of modules which I don't
7 > > have and on we go. Does gentoo have this or is there a way in cpan to
8 > > get all the dependencies?
9 > >
10 > > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
13 > * app-portage/g-cpan
14 > Latest version available: 0.16.2
15 > Latest version installed: 0.16.2
16 > Size of downloaded files: 27 kB
17 > Homepage: http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/perl/g-cpan.xml
19 > portage
20 > License: || ( Artistic GPL-2 )
21 >
22 > *
23 >
24 > searches for a perl module, checks if it exists in portage first, if not
25 > creates an ebuild and installs it including dependencies. One of the
26 > nice things about gentoo!
27
28 ohh Thanks! I will try that.
31 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
32 How do
33 you spend it?
34
35 John Covici