From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Understand Portage not
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 18:53:01
1 Am 29.09.2012 18:37, schrieb Silvio Siefke:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > i try to build freecad from source, in Portage is mask. I try to build
5 > the requirements, but i understand really
6 > not what portage me say with this message.
9 > !!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
10 > !!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:
13 > The complete message found here > http://nopaste.info/c7ead120ee.html
14 >
15 > Thank you for support. Nice weekend.
16 >
17 > Silvio
20 Yes, the message is a bit counter-intuitive. What I think portage wants
21 to tell you is that you need to re-emerge the following packages with
22 USE="qt3support":
23 x11-libs/qt-core:4
24 x11-libs/qt-gui:4
25 x11-libs/qt-sql:4
26 x11-libs/qt-opengl:4
27
28 The reason for the odd error message is that all QT packages require
29 that the qt3support flag is either set for all or not set for any. When
30 some other package requires qt3support (I guess media-libs/SoQt does),
31 portage wants to suggest enabling the flag. Then it notices that this
32 conflicts with the requirement of all other installed qt packages and
33 throws up its arms in despair ;-)
34
35 Hope this helps,
36 Florian Philipp