From: Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@×××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] setxkbmap does not work after upgrading to KDE4
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 19:39:00
1 On Tuesday 13 October 2009 20.51:52 Dan Johansson wrote:
2 > After upgrading to KDE4 the other day my keyboard mapping stopped working.
3 > I traced it back to setxkbmap. Manually entering setxkbmap (with extra
4 > verbosity) gives the following:
5 >
6 > $ setxkbmap -model logicd -layout ch -variant de_nodeadkeys -v 10
7 > Setting verbose level to 10
8 > locale is C
9 > Warning! Multiple definitions of keyboard model
10 > Using command line, ignoring X server
11 > Warning! Multiple definitions of keyboard layout
12 > Using command line, ignoring X server
13 > Applied rules from evdev:
14 > model: logicd
15 > layout: ch
16 > variant: de_nodeadkeys
17 > Trying to build keymap using the following components:
18 > keycodes: evdev+aliases(qwerty)
19 > types: complete
20 > compat: complete
21 > symbols: pc+ch(de_nodeadkeys)+inet(evdev)
22 > geometry: pc(pc104)
23 > Error loading new keyboard description
24 >
25 > Any suggestion on what could be wrong?
26 > Regards,
27 Just an update... The problem was not with the KDE3.5 -> KDE4.3.1 but with
28 with my Xorg setup. After googling a bit and finally change my content of
29 /etc/hal/fdi/policy/10-use-ch-layout.fdi to the right values it's almost
30 working 100% (I'll open a new thread on my remaining problem).
31 --
32 Dan Johansson, <http://www.dmj.nu>
34 This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!