From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: What's with KDE?
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2018 16:35:21
1 On 03/11/2018 06:43, Alan Grimes wrote:
2 > How did they make it so that 40% of ordinary zip files I try to open
3 > with konqueror fail CRC (but work perfectly from the command line)....
4 >
5 > It used to have nice large icon mode with previews, and nice small-icons
6 > in normal mode... Broken too for many months now. =\
7 >
8 > Akregator crashes all the time if I simply try to close a tab... It went
9 > about three years without saving anything to disk when it's supposed to
10 > buffer my RSS feeds. Now it's just crashtastic in the extreme...
11
12 Plasma in itself is not too bad. I use Plasma, but not Konqueror or
13 Akregator. Find the applications that work best for you. Just because
14 you use Plasma doesn't mean you need to use the rest of KDE's
15 applications ;-)
16
17 My browser is Firefox, my email client is Thunderbird, my image viewer
18 is eog (Eye of GNOME), etc, etc.
19
20 I think my only KDE application is my file manager, which is Dolphin.