From: Rafer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] non-sudo way for user to run shutdown -h now? (or any equivalent)
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 20:10:58
1 On Wednesday 20 July 2005 19:29, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I'm trying to get my mythfrontend box to allow a user to shut the
4 > machine down without the use of a keyboard. We are only using remote
5 > controls. suso doesn't seem to be an option because it requires a
6 > password. (AFAICT)
7 >
8 > Is there some other way that I could make this work?
9 >
10 > I took a look at the permissions on /sbin/shutdown itself. It seems
11 > to be executable by everyone and still doesn't allow anyone other than
12 > to run it. Is there a way to make that program executable by everyone
13 > so that sudo is not required? Or maybe there's some similar program to
14 > shutdown that I could emerge?
15 >
16 > There's only two accounts on this machine - root & mythtv - and
17 > it's within the mythtv account that I want to be able to shut the
18 > machine down using a remote control only.
19 >
20 > Thanks for any and all ideas.
21 >
22 > Cheers,