From: "András Csányi" <sayusi.ando@××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and NetworkManager
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 12:42:22
1 On 17 July 2013 14:35, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 13:39:36 +0200, András Csányi wrote:
3 >
4 >> >> Ok. How is possible to get the post-install message of an ebuild
5 >> >> without re-emerge the package neither opening the log file? The man
6 >> >> page of emerge cannot say anything about it.
7 >> >
8 >> > Read the ebuild.
9 >>
10 >> I don't think this is a friendly solution in 2013.
11 >
12 > It isn't. The friendly solution is to have portage log this to a file or
13 > email it to you, but you ruled out those methods, leaving only the
14 > unfriendly but effective option.
15
16 I know it is my bad I haven't paid any attention to go deeper this
17 part of the gentoo system. To be honest, it haven't caused any pain
18 for me till yesterday. Lesson is learned.
21 -- Csanyi Andras (Sayusi Ando) -- http://sayusi.hu --
22 http://facebook.com/andras.csanyi
23 -- ""Trust in God and keep your gunpowder dry!" - Cromwell