From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] using KDE
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 10:07:31
1 160928 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 28 Sep 2016 03:30:20 -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> One nasty little problem erupted when I accidently stuck a note
4 >> to the background on all desktops : eventually, I discovered
5 >> ~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc ,
6 >> which stores the state of things at logout ;
7 >> deleting a few lines in that file removed the offensive blot.
8 > I've done that a few times. There's a menu bar that pops out
9 > when you put the mouse pointer on the right-hand edge of the note
10 > with an option to delete it.
11
12 Thanks for the info, which I'll make a note of,
13 but I don't think I'll test it until I have to (grin).
14
15 PW> how do you do Vertical Maximise ?
16 > -- with Fluxbox I have it set to Alt-F3 , but I can't find it in KDE.
17 NB> Middle-click on the maximise button for vertical,
18 > right-click for horizontal (these can be changed of course).
19 > To set the shortcut, go into the Shortcuts -> Global Keyboard Shortcuts
20 > section of System Settings and select KWin from the dropdown.
21 > Then you can set the shortcuts, there are none defined by default.
22
23 Yes, both work : activated, noted & thanks again.
27 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
28 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
29 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca