From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mozilla Lightening Alarms
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 14:20:55
1 On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 7:57 AM, sean<tech.junk@×××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > Hello All,
3 >
4 > Is there an option I am missing in Thunderbird's Lightening
5 > extension, or some other way to get alarms to appear when Thunderbird is not
6 > running?
7 >
8 > I have noticed also that if Thunderbird is shutdown at the time of a
9 > reminder popping up, it does not pop up later after the fact when
10 > Thunderbird is started.
11
12 From the FAQ on the Lightning website:
13
14 Can Sunbird/Lightning remind me when closed? Can Sunbird start minimized?
15 No, Sunbird and Lightning can't give pop-up messages or send
16 e-mails when they are not running. There is a 'trick' for this
17 problem. You can hide Sunbird in the tray. This can be done with
18 Suntray or Minimize to Tray for Windows and Kdocker for Linux.