From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] R.pi 64 bit with 8/16 G ram?
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 17:36:45
1 Folks,
2
3 Now, if/when this devices "is shipping", I can finally build out a 12VDC
4 pickup camper gentoo centric "deep woods" mobile dev_shop.
5
6 I kid you not:
7 "Upton says the 64-bit image is for power users who want to map all 8GB
8 into the address space of a single process. It's currently in beta and
9 misses several key features, but once ready it will provide a 64-bit
10 alternative to 64-bit versions of Ubuntu and Gentoo."
11
12 GENTOO? Wonder who is behind that bit of work?
16 https://www.zdnet.com/article/new-raspberry-pi-4-8gb-ram-model-out-now-for-75-plus-you-get-a-new-64-bit-os/?ftag=TRE-03-10aaa6b&bhid=29128215408769320614767878147805&mid=12853938&cid=2217268782
17
18 No kidding:
19
20 "Even the Raspberry Pi beginner's guide had a reference to an 8GB
21 variant, while the Pi 4's Broadcom BCM2711 chip supports up to 16GB of
22 LPDDR4 SDRAM."
23
24 16 G on a pi?
25
26 I'm all in. Can Anyone verify this offer?
29 curiously,
30 James