From: Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: #gentoo experiences
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 13:36:16
1 Am Sun, 19 Nov 2017 11:25:15 -0500
2 schrieb "Taiidan@×××.com" <Taiidan@×××.com>:
3
4 > > I'm collecting information about people's experiences in #gentoo.
5 > Thanks!
6 > > I'm interested in both good and bad experiences, with users,
7 > > developers, and operators. Basically, anything that anyone would
8 > > care to share would be much appreciated.
9 > The lack of an ncurses setup gui/an express setup option is a major
10 > PITA which is why I haven't yet used gentoo as dom0 in a production
11 > environment, If something goes wrong and I am forced to re-install it
12 > will take long enough for the boss to think I am bad at my job and it
13 > isn't the type of thing one should do late at night.
14
15 Keep a binpkg of all your installed packages in a backup, keep a backup
16 of /var/lib/portage/world and /etc.
17
18 Now for reinstalling, just feed back the binpkg backup and make.conf
19 backup (from etc) to portage, put the world file back in place, then
20 reinstall. Should only take a few seconds now.
21
22 Then restore the rest of your configuration using the etc-backup.
26 Regards,
27 Kai
28
29 Replies to list-only preferred.