From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rdate stopped working, and I just upgraded to baselayout 2
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 21:50:46
1 On Wednesday 11 May 2011 03:53:06 Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > Like the subject says, rdate has stopped working for me. I tried
3 > different timeservers, with and without iptables firewall, and it always
4 > times out. /var/log/portage shows that I emerged the current version of
5 > rdate back in early August last year. I just updated to baselayout 2 so
6 > I wonder if it's involved. revdep-rebuild doesn't find any problems.
7 > And I do have /etc/timezone set up...
8 >
9 > [i3][root][~] cat /etc/timezone
10 > Canada/Eastern
11 >
12 > The machine is amd64 stable.
13
14 I recall that not all ntp servers respond to rdate - perhaps the server(s) you
15 tried have changed their configuration?
16 --
17 Regards,
18 Mick