From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: kernel parameters
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 17:50:34
1 On Monday 27 June 2011 17:57:00 Peter Humphrey did opine thusly:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > Some time ago I saw a comment in a kernel config help page saying to
5 > enable this option if unexplained, random lockups occurred. I
6 > didn't need to do that for Gentoo, but every other distro I've
7 > tried locks up after a random interval - even the latest Fedora 15.
8 > I suspect I have a chipset problem, but Gentoo runs happily with it
9 > so there must be a config option of some kind.
10 >
11 > Can anyone point me to the parameter concerned? I can't find it with
12 > grep.
13
14 Could be several things, the latest one to hit /. is
15
16 pcie_aspm=force
17
18 http://linux.slashdot.org/story/11/06/27/0459252/Nailing-the-Cause-of-
19 Recent-Linux-Power-
20 Issues?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Slashdot%2Fslashdot+%28Slashdot%29
21
22 Or, you could grep the Makefile[1] for "lockups".
23
24 [1] Not sure if it's really in the Makefile or somewhere else
28 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com