From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Emerge does want to tell me...what?
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2017 16:52:16
1 On 2017-12-05 14:02, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > > [0] http://people.redhat.com/drepper/dsohowto.pdf
4 >
5 > Ah. Right. I see now.
6
7 The error message you're showing probably means that -fpic is in effect
8 when in fact -fPIC is needed. Quoting the gcc manual:
9
10 If the GOT size for the linked executable exceeds a machine-specific
11 maximum size, you get an error message from the linker indicating that
12 `-fpic' does not work; in that case, recompile with `-fPIC' instead.
15 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
16 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
17 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet, fetch the TXT record for the domain.