From: "Abraham Marín Pérez" <abraham@×××××××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Thunderbird and IMAP
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 08:21:59
1 Ralph Slooten wrote:
2
4 >Hash: SHA1
5 >
6 >Hiya,
7 >
8 >Abraham Marín Pérez wrote:
11 >>Hi everyone,
12 >>
13 >> I recently migrated from Evolution to Mozilla Thunderbird and I must
14 >>say that I has been a really good move ;-). However, I have a couple of
15 >>problems to fix before finishing the migration; firstly, I can browse
16 >>the main folder in an IMAP server, but I can't browse subfolders,
20 >Right-click on the account and select "Subscribe". I'm not sure about
21 >evolution, but thunderbird allows you to subscribe to folders like they
22 >were newsgroups. I'm not sure which imap software you are using, so I
23 >just presume courier-imap ;-)
28 >>although I could with Evolution (and still can). On the other hand, I've
29 >>got loads of contacts in Evolution that I'd like to transfer to
30 >>Thunderbird without copying all them by hand.
34 >In the addressbook go to tools -> import. There are several formats to
35 >import from. Again, I'm not sure of evolution, but I do presume it can
36 >export entries in certain standard formats (ldif, tab delimited, comma
37 >separated). Export them from evolution in one of those formats, and
38 >import them into thunderbird.
42 OK, the IMAP problem is totally solved, I didn't know Thunderbird needed
43 you to specify which folders you'd like it to read... I haven't solved
44 the address book problem yet because Evolution doesn't seem to have a
45 way to export all the contacts, so I'll try recompiling both Evolution
46 and Thunderbird with ldap enabled...
47
48 Thanks a lot,
49 Abraham