From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Forget about it already
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 05:00:49
1 I've just unmerged ati-drivers and gone back to regular mode.
2
3 1) Windows emulation is all and good, but I can do without the hard
4 lockups, thank you.
5
6 2) In addition to random lockups, I lost the ability to run X at
7 lower resolutions like 640x480, 512x384, and 400x300. This is both via
8 xrandr and via custom modelines. I prefer to run videos at these lower
9 resolutions, rather than take the cpu hit for software scaling to get
10 the videos to a reasonable size.
11
12 3) Firefox fonts suck in fglrx mode versus regular mode. Since I used
13 the old xorg.conf, I don't see why that should happen.
16 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list