From: Konstantinos Agouros <elwood@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] XEN and Gentoo questions
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 16:04:46
1 Hi,
2
3 I am considering a bit of virtualization and started playing with XEN.
4 I have three questions:
5 I use a 64bit system with probably mostly 64bit guests. Am I right
6 that I do not need the -mno-tls-direct-seg-refs CFLAG and can clone
7 real machines? My test system didn't show any performance hangs.
8
9 Are paravirtualized guests faster in performance then fully virtualized
10 ones? I guess the addition of a whole 'PC Emulation' might have a negative
11 impact.
12
13 What is the fastest driver for the guest disks apart from direct physical
14 partitions on the dom0? I saw that xen loads a few drivers.
15
16 Konstantin
17 --
18 Dipl-Inf. Konstantin Agouros aka Elwood Blues. Internet: elwood@×××××××.de
19 Altersheimerstr. 1, 81545 Muenchen, Germany. Tel +49 89 69370185
21 "Captain, this ship will not survive the forming of the cosmos." B'Elana Torres