From: konsolebox <konsolebox@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo vs Raspbian on Raspberry Pi 3?
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 08:53:09
1 On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 1:30 PM, Danny YUE <sheepduke@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 2017-06-27 02:59, Taiidan@×××.com <Taiidan@×××.com> wrote:
4 >> I would advise to buy an open source device such as beaglebone not a
5 >> closed source RPI, bb also has higher performance options and is a
6 >> better company.
7 >>
8 >> I was not at all pleased with the transfer speed of an RPI I tried out,
9 >> the low end arm stuff is garbage (high end like appliedmicro is decent tho)
10 >>
11 >> If you want a decent fileserver I would advise getting a KCMA-D8 with a
12 >> 35W opteron and installing the libre version of coreboot on it, dual
13 >> onboard gigabit ethernet will satisfy you for sure.
14 >
15 > Well, file server is only one of my use cases.
16 >
17 > I would probably try to run a little server, or some little tricks I
18 > write myself.
19 >
20 > I will have a look at BeagleBone.
21 >
22 > Thanks!
23 >
24 > Danny
27 Also consider the availability of the parts you can buy like casings
28 and fans, when choosing a product. Performance and support (kernel,
29 userland, etc.) should also be considered.
32 konsolebox