From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: find atime vs lsof
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2019 09:36:12
1 On Saturday, July 27, 2019, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Saturday, 27 July 2019 06:15:49 BST Adam Carter wrote:
4 > > Some time back i moved from vmware to virtualbox, and am currently
5 > > wondering if there are some old vmware files i can remove. Virtualbox
6 > uses
7 > > the old vmware disk files, so first i checked via atime and lsof.
8 > >
9 > > Why does atime not show all the files that lsof shows were open?
10 >
11 > They are snapshots and unless saved I would think they are removed when
12 > you
13 > shut down VBox.
16 Pretty sure they are the vmware disk files and are used by vbox
17
18 There were other snapshot files that ive already moved, and as expected it
19 didn’t cause vbox any problems
22 > Incidentally, I can't start VMs when the gentoo host is running kernel
23 > 4.19.57. I get an error about "Failed to attach the network LUN
24 > (VERR_INTNET_FLT_IF_NOT_FOUND)." Kernel 4.19.52 works fine.
25 >
26 > Are you getting any such problems?
27 >
28 > Im on 5.2. Did you rebuild the modules for the new kernel?