From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: is it toast?
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 20:39:21
1 Martin S <shieldfire <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > Haven't had the oppurtunity to look for a switch (haven't seen one though) as
5 > it's home and I'm not.But no I can't repartition it as evident from earlier
6 > mails in the thread. It's read-only :(Martin S
9 If you've got partition magic or similar software, take a look at
10 it with windows based patitioning software. Microsoft is trying
11 to sell FAT licenses to everyone, so who knows what is going on
12 low level in the device.
13
14 Have you plugged in another USB memory device to ensure everything is
15 OK with your hal/ivman/dbus software? I had a few jyrations with these
16 software packages before they were stabalized, but that was about a month
17 ago.
18
19 Does 'usbview' show the device correctly or is the vendor information
20 corrupted?
21
22 hth,
23