From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Is it possible to remove Gnome's 'Shutdown' option
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 17:36:02
1 Hi,
2 In Gnome 2.14 the Gnome folks introduced a shutdown option in the
3 Desktop menu. Is it possible to remove this? Or at least require it to
4 ask for a password, etc?
5
6 My wife's desktop menu serves as a MythTV server. When she misses
7 the logout button by one we lose recordings. My father - in his late
8 70's - is almost certainly going to have the same problem.
9
10 If anyone has a solution for making this a bit safer I'd really
11 appreciate it.
12
13 I would go sign up for a goon Gnome user's list if I could find
14 one. If anyone knows of one please write back, either in this thread
15 or off list.
16
17 Thanks,
18 Mark