From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NFS & static ports - driving me crazy...
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 11:24:20
1 No one?
2
3 Another reboot, and had to open up OUTGOING port 57212 this time.
4
5 Why are the static ports I'm assigning not being used?
6
7 On 2013-12-31 8:11 AM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
8 > On 2013-12-31 7:30 AM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
9 >> I've made the following changes to the following config files:
10 >>
11 >> /etc/conf.d/nfs
12 >>
13 >> OPTS_RPC_MOUNTD="-p 32767"
14 >> OPTS_RPC_STATD="-p 32765 -o 32766"
15 >>
16 >> I've also changed the lockd ports
17 >>
18 >> /etc/sysctl.conf
19 >>
20 >> # You should compile nfsd into the kernel or add it
21 >> # to modules.autoload for this to work properly
22 >> # TCP Port for lock manager
23 >> fs.nfs.nlm_tcpport = 4001
24 >> # UDP Port for lock manager
25 >> fs.nfs.nlm_udpport = 4001
26 >>
27 >> But when I try to mount the remote filesystem, I see the outbound
28 >> request being blocked by the firewall.
29 >>
30 >> If I open up the port in the firewall, it mounts immediately.
31 >>
32 >> But after a reboot, the next time I try mounting it, some other random
33 >> port shows up in the firewall logs...
34 >>
35 >> This can't be all that difficult... I must be missing something obvious.
36 >
37 > # rpcinfo -p
38 > program vers proto port service
39 > 100000 4 tcp 111 portmapper
40 > 100000 3 tcp 111 portmapper
41 > 100000 2 tcp 111 portmapper
42 > 100000 4 udp 111 portmapper
43 > 100000 3 udp 111 portmapper
44 > 100000 2 udp 111 portmapper
45 > 100024 1 udp 32765 status
46 > 100024 1 tcp 32765 status
47 >
48 > Again, this system is NOT running an NFS SERVER, I am only trying to use
49 > the nfs CLIENT to mount a remote NFS share - so, is the above what I
50 > should expect to see? something tells me no...
51 >
52 > Shouldn't the lockd ports be showing up to?