From: "Matt Connell (Gmail)" <matthewdconnell@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Radeon navi cards and opencl
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 17:21:57
1 On Tue, 2021-08-31 at 16:51 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > AMD have published Linux drivers on their website, but in RPM and .deb
3 > formats. I tried one anyway, but installation stops immediately with
4 > 'unsupported OS'. Not surprising, of course, but is there any way of porting
5 > and archive full of .debs so that it can be used in Gentoo?
6
7 Lots of portage ebuild files make use of vendor-published .deb / .rpm
8 files, manipulating them to install files in the Gentoo-style way.
9
10 One of the more straightforward and yet complete examples I've seen is
11 the Microsoft Teams (net-im/teams) package[1] but there are certainly
12 others to use for examples.
13
14 If you wanted, you could try making an ebuild for the deb files from
15 AMD, whether only for your own needs or to possibly share with others.
16
17 1:https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/tree/net-im/teams/teams-1.4.00.13653-r1.ebuild