From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: usb stick autodiscovery
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 02:04:42
1 Dale <rdalek1967 <at> gmail.com> writes:
2
3 Hello Dale,
4
5 > On mine, I had to add the "device notifier" widget to the panel. That
6 > is what does the little pop up here. Looks like one of your systems
7 > didn't add that by default, mine didn't either tho.
8
9 Well device notifier is on the systems that work. somehow it
10 got deleted off this system....
11
12 I missing the 'dolphin file manager' and the 'usb viewer'
13 from the kde-4.4.2
14
15 Hmmmm, somehow this looks strange....
16
17 What the best way to rebuild all of the kde packages
18 on a (kde-meta) system? emerge kde-meta only rebuild the
19 meta package itself....
20
21 Or should I just re_emerge a few selected packages?
22
23 (PS, try this command 'lshal') just for grins......
26 James