From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: struggles with SATA
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 13:41:28
1 Alan E. Davis <lngndvs <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > Using an AsRock 939SLI32-eSATA2 motherboard and a Western Digital
5 sata drive, I have been having alot of trouble. I found AHCI driver
6 to work, at least detect the drive/partitions. I have had no end of
7 problems.I had moved this drive from another machine w/ a Tyan motherboard,
8 where it worked flawlessly.
11 Hello Alan,
12
13 You might want to contact the motherboard manufacture (or poke around
14 the web) to see if that mobo has a newer release of firmware (bios).
15
16 I recently has sata drive problems that on a firmware update to a
17 MPI motherboard could fix......
18
19 hth,
20