From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ping!
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 22:04:29
1 On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:43:57 -0800 (PST), maxim wexler wrote:
2
3 > I note the abundance of choices in portage/net-ftp.
4 > What do I need? I'll just be moving files back and
5 > forth. I don't think security is an issue. Is ftp all
6 > I need?
7
8 FTP is more than you need. scp will do the job with only SSH running, or
9 you could export directories over NFS.
10
11 If you use KDE, use fish://hostname/path in Konqueror to access remote
12 directories. All you need is SSH running on the remote box.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!