From: "Rasmus.thomsen" <Rasmus.thomsen@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] clang <<==>> gcc ?
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2017 10:16:26
1 Hello,
2
3 it's entirely possible to replace gcc for clang for *most* packages, however some will not build currently and will require you to set up a package.env file with entries for those packages (like described on clang's wiki entry). Clang usually compiles faster than GCC does, but produces slower binaries (at least for me). Also, clang offers flto=thin, which doesn't require as much ram as gcc's lto
4
5 Regards,
6 Rasmus
7