From: Lord Sauron <lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] New To Gentoo and Emerge, No ACPI in Kernel
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 07:16:06
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm very very new to Gentoo. I managed to squeak through a install
4 from the live CD, however, this gave me a kernel with little or no
5 ACPI support - I have a laptop, so I'd like to have this support
6 enabled.
7
8 However, I don't know how to rebuild the kernel, or do so enabling
9 ACPI support. I only know a few precious things about emerge, like
10 --sync, --search, and even --help, but beyond that I'm not that good
11 at all, and the man pages didn't offer much help for me.
12
13 I know this is a painfully elementary question, but thanks for any
14 help you can give!
15
16 ====== Lord Sauron the Great =====
18 GCS d-(++) s+: a? C++ UL+>++++ P+
19 L++ E--- W+(+++) N++ o? K? w--- O? M+
20 V? PS- PE+ Y-(--) PGP- t+++ 5? X R tv-- b+
21 DI+++ D+ G e* h- !r !y
22 ========= END GCv3.12 ========
23 ====== www.geekcode.com =======
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list