From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE Plasma sound not working
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 17:42:43
1 On Wednesday, 15 June 2022 03:00:16 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Something else also changes at the first reboot after creating a new user
3 > account: a dialogue box opens requesting permission to mount a partition -
4 > but that partition is one of several marked 'noauto' in fstab. (Screen shot
5 > attached.)
6 >
7 > What can possibly live under /home/prh and cause all this disruption? I
8 > might suspect I'd been hacked, but I've rebuilt a new system several times,
9 > and I've lost count of the times I've thrown away my user account and
10 > started again.
11
12 As it has already been commented the udisks points to desktop automounting
13 function doing its thing here. There a number of options to configure for all
14 devices and selected devices. However, I can't recall this pop up on new user
15 accounts here, but I do not run any nvme devices to know if it is any
16 different.