From: Janusz Bossy <janusz.bossy@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] march in /etc/make.conf
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 09:05:15
1 On 7/6/06, Pawel K <pawlaczus@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > 1) How can I recompile all of them ?
3 > I don't want to download new packages, I just want to
4 > recompile existing ones.
5
6 emerge -e
7
8 > 2) Can I work on that machine during recompilation. I
9 > mean what happens with binaries that are currently
10 > executed and need to be replaced with pentium3
11 > compiled version ?
12
13 There is no problem with that. Yesterday i did an emerge -C xorg-x11
14 while xorg was running, then compiled xorg-x11 again and restarted the
15 X server. All is working fine, except I couldn't start the
16 applications that were built against X when I didn't have it. Don't
17 worry Linux isn't Windows :)
18
19 > How should I replace e.g. /bin/bash or /usr/bin/gcc
20 > with pentium3 version ?
21
22 It will be done automatically.
25 Pozdrawiam