From: Todd Goodman <tsg@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] trouble with libxcb (and others)
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 19:50:40
1 * Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu> [110426 14:34]:
2 > On Tue, Apr 26 2011, Allan Gottlieb wrote:
3 >
4 > > Starting last night several builds and programs are crashing due to
5 > > problems in libxcb and others.
6 > >
7 > > My system is ~amd64.
8 [SNIP]
9 > > openoffice (picked up by revdep-rebuild) fails to build saying
10 > >
11 > > checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
12 > > checking for libwpd-0.8 ... Package libwpd-0.8 was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libwpd-0.8.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'libwpd-0.8' found
13 > > configure: error: Library requirements (libwpd-0.8 ) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.
14 > >
15 > > I looked (using locate) and I have libwpd-0.9.1 now. Should I downgrade
16 > > to lib0.8.14?
17
18 For what it's worth I run ~x86 and I got the same error with libwpd
19 until I made sure I had the 0.8 slot emerged as well (emerge libwpd:0.8)
20
21 It looks like it just became slotted (if I remember right.)
22
23 Unfortunately I then had a problem with OpenOffice and libwpg. And had
24 to downgrade back to 1.1.3 (and mask 0.2.0.) It looked like OpenOffice
25 wasn't happy with a 2.0 version and still wanted a 1.0 version (but I
26 didn't look too carefully.)
27
28 However it looks like it's slotted now so you should be able to install
29 libwpg:0.2 as well as libwpg:0.1 and OpenOffice will still work.
30
31 However, I get file collisions when trying to install libwpg:0.2 with
32 libwpg:0.1 installed right now. It might still be in the process of being
33 fully slotted?
34
35 If you don't have the libwpd:0.8 and/or libwpg:0.1 slotted versions then
36 just emerge them too.
37
38 Todd