From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NAS and replacing with larger drives
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 17:27:59
1 On Saturday, 10 December 2022 16:30:03 GMT Wols Lists wrote:
2 > On 10/12/2022 16:19, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
3 > > Where do we confuse those two? We specifically talked of codecs and
4 > > “contain”.
5 >
6 > "I didn't know .ts could contain h264".
7 >
8 > If .ts is the container, then surely the assumption is it can contain
9 > any codec? If not, why not?
10
11 Not any codec. Some container formats are only compatible with certain
12 codecs, or rather the other way around. Have a look here:
13
14 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_video_container_formats
15
16 I suppose the answer to 'why not' boils down to the whatever structure and
17 data the container format is designed to be compatible with, but I don't know
18 more than this.
19
20 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Informatik-Containerformate-Beispiele.svg