From: Paul Hoy <paul.hoy@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Portage Won't Start now after update - help
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 05:16:20
1 Hello all,
2
3 After running a new use/world update which includes the latest gnome
4 hardmasked packages, I'm not unable to start Porthole. My system returns
5 the following error when I attempt to run Porthole:
6
7 # porthole
8 /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gnome/vfs.py:4:
9 DeprecationWarning: Module gnome.vfs is deprecated; please import
10 gnomevfs instead
11 DeprecationWarning)
12 PORTHOLE: Crash detected. Please submit a bug report &
13 include the /var/log/porthole/crash.html
14 Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "XMLManager instance has no
15 attribute '_XMLManager__dom'" in <bound method XMLManager.__del__ of
16 <porthole.xmlmgr.XMLManager instance at 0xb7117dec>> ignored
17
18 I believe that my version of gnome-vfs is part of the problem. I'm
19 running gnome-vfs-2.10.1-r2. I believe if I get porthole to import
20 "gnomevfs," then porthole will work. So, how do I get it to import
21 "gnomevs"? And, if this is not the problem, does anyone have a
22 suggestion?
23
24 Thanks all.
25 Paul Hoy