From: mad.scientist.at.large@××××××××.com
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Memory manager
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2019 13:11:36
1 Do systems run different memory management when swap is on versus no swap?  I know that in the past it was recommended to have at least a small swap so the system used a better memory manager.  Wondering specifically if I should set up a small ram drive for swap just to get better memory management or if I should run swapless as this particular machine has a slightly obscene amount of ram available so I shouldn't need a proper swap partition unless it affects memory management.
2
3 -- “The whole world is watching! The whole world is watching!”